training | strategic sales tactics training
There has never been more competition in the advertising media business. It’s harder than ever for sales reps to get appointments. Selling around or through advertising agencies to the client, and at the highest level of the media buying or client organization, is the urgent challenge of media companies today.
To help your team sell at a higher level and compete for the bigger pie, Dan Ambrose developed SST: Strategic Sales Training, based on Strategic Selling Tactics; we teach how to sell advertising and how to sell print and Internet advertising together.
In today’s competitive environment media that compete only for the budget allocated to their media form or sector are shrinking, while sales teams that sell to the client win a greater share of a larger pie. Strategic Sales Tactics Training will enable your sales team to win more sales and greater market share.
All the communications skills, presentation skills, and negotiation skills in the world will not help your organization without a sales strategy. SST provides the road map that leads to success with more (and more effective) client calls, bigger sales proposals, and more competitive wins.
Strategic selling utilizes the classic approach of selling the ‘market,’ then the ‘media’ and finally your ‘property’ in a logic driven sales approach that made Ziff Davis the recognized icon of well trained sales staffs.
Now SST helps your sales organization sell higher and faster with tactics updated to the early 21st century selling environment of fragmented client-agency-buying service relationships, ‘transactional’ rather than ‘relationship’ buying and selling, hard-to-get appointments, and ‘RFP’ driven decision processes.
SST Training Seminars:
- One day “boot camp” seminars…custom developed with management to address up to 3 critical skills.
- Two day “advanced sales skills” seminars accelerate learning with workshop time for each participant on solving specific client or agency sales problems
- Four day Strategic Sales Tactics training covers all the key skills for stellar sales performance at the highest level:
- Prospecting and Planning – what it takes for a sales person to get to the right place at the right time with the right information to make a sale: systems for prioritizing accounts, managing time, gathering information, and getting the appointment.
- Persuasion Power – focuses on developing the content of the sales persuasion; a structured problem-solution approach that works from the smallest to the largest advertiser. This session will demystify the famous Ziff-Davis structured sales approach and teach sales people the adapted formula for the twenty first century.
- Interactions – probing, handling objections, closing, negotiating, all the interaction skills to close sales.
Dan Ambrose, who developed SST, brings senior management’s perspective, and multi media experience to customized training programs for magazines, online, radio, TV & cable, newspaper and outdoor advertising sales staffs.
Dan Ambrose’s sales tactics and strategic approach helped him lead American Film to record ad page totals in the early ‘80’s. Ambrose refined the approach, and received further training at Ziff Davis when he managed sales for Backpacker in the mid ‘80’s. He employed the same strategic approach to management of the biggest corporate advertising relationships for the Hearst magazines in the late ‘80s, and later lead Child magazine to a perch on Adweeks’ ’10 Hottest’ list in the early 90’s.
The same disciplined approach worked for iVillage where Mr. Ambrose created the sales strategy and trained the initial sales staff for one of the most successful dot-com advertising stories of the mid 90’s. Click here to email an iVillage founder and request a reference.
One way to sample the SST Training is to register for Masters of Media Selling public seminars. Learn more here.
More Training Resources:
Master of Media Selling public seminars staged by MediaPost and authored and delivered by ambro.com.
Selling the Invisible;
A Field Guide to Modern Marketing by Harry Beckwith
This little book will help you sell advertising more than any other currently on the market. Advertisers don’t want to own the spots, or the banners or the pages we might sell them. They want to own the results of the advertising expenditure. And because the results are sometimes not immediate, sometimes not close-enough to the point of sale, or often obscured by other business factors, they are frequently invisible. continue